PEOPLE AND PLACES of Cumberland on show during Cumberland Local Festival
People from across Sydney and beyond are invited to experience the people and places of Cumberland during the six-week-long Cumberland Local Festival from 18 April to 26 May 2019.
Featuring a wide variety of community, cultural and cuisine-related local events, Cumberland Local Festival will kick off with the
Try Sports Event at the Bathurst Street Park on Thursday 18 April
and conclude with the
Auburn Botanic Gardens Open Day on Sunday 26 May.
Cumberland Mayor Greg Cummings said the Cumberland Local Festival is a perfect opportunity to take in the sights and smells of one of Sydney’s most diverse communities.
“Cumberland is one of the strongest examples of a multicultural community living in harmony and the Cumberland Local Festival celebrates all that makes our community a great place to live, work and visit,” Clr Cummings said.
“From the food trails of Auburn and Granville, the Fun 4 Kids Event in Wentworthville to the Sydney Writers Festival Poets and Writers performance at Auburn Town Hall, we have a little bit of everything for people to experience.
“I invite anyone from Cumberland, Sydney, and beyond, to come and get a taste of the great food and the great people we have here in our backyard.”
Some highlights of the Cumberland Local Festival include:
- Our Stories Granville @ Granville Town Hall (Saturday 25 May)
- Feasting After Fasting in Merrylands (Sunday 12 May)
- Heritage Tour of Rookwood (Saturday 11 May)
- Sydney Writers Festival Poets and Writers Performance @ Auburn Town Hall (Wednesday 1 May)
- Fun 4 Kids in Civic Park (Friday 26 April)
- Auburn Botanic Gardens Open Day (Sunday 26 May)