IN MID-JANUARY the local government areas in southern NSW posted a rise in regional Covid-19 case numbers with the official numbers confirming anecdotal talk about a noteworthy incidence of case numbers in Queanbeyan Palerang. Rapid-antigen test self-reporting was not yet included.
On 15 January the SNSWLHD posted the following numbers on its Facebook site:
Five hundred and fifty three (553) new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Southern NSW today.
Self-reported rapid antigen test (RAT) results are not yet included in these numbers.
Of the 553 new cases:
- Thirty six (36) are in the Bega Valley LGA.
- One hundred and four (104) are in the Eurobodalla LGA.
- Sixty two (62) are in the Goulburn Mulwaree LGA.
- Two hundred and fifty one (251) are in the Queanbeyan Palerang LGA.
- Eighty four (84) are in the Snowy Monaro LGA.
- Ten (10) are in the Upper Lachlan LGA.
- Six (6) are in the Yass Valley LGA.
To see all active cases by NSW LGA or suburb please go to the NSW Health website: https://loom.ly/lknX8ls
Here are two resources for checking how the numbers are holding up in southern NSW and immediate area. It may be necessary to scan down the Facebook page to get an update like the above.
IMAGERY: Compilation stock images